3 Attendant Job opportunities at Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) April 2022
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Attendant 3 – Tool Keeper
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Reporting to: Supervisor- UG Mechanical
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Purpose of the role is to keep and issue various HME underground equipment tools and related items as instructed. The role incumbent will be responsible for perform all tasks safely using correct work method and safety precautions to the required quality, standard, completing tasks on time and effectively using the resources given for each task.
A Minimum Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) and VETA Trade Test Certificate Grade One or Certificate in Materials management.
- At least 3 years’ working experience as a Tool keeper in Underground mining environment or one to two years working experience as a fitter mechanics.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Adhere to all safe working practices and procedures in the HME Workshop and GGM at large
- Conduct inspection of tools for cracks, damages or defects and records findings
- Plan daily tools data base control.
- Keep proper records of all available Tools in the Tool Keeping Room
- Keep records of working tools which have been taken by employees
- Report to immediate Supervisor in case of shortage of working Tools
- Prepare records of all Tools not returned or lost.
- Maintain good housekeeping standards at all time
- Meet work delivery deadlines to minimize the demand for resources without exceeding the required time.
- Observe all safety requirements relevant to the job in hand.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure
- Sound knowledge on Health, Safety and Environmental issues
- Be able to show initiative and coordination skills and be able to interact with the team
- Computer literacy is an added advantage
- Must have good written and oral communication skills in English language
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the ‘APPLY‘ button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Attendant 3 – Tool Keeper’’
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 11th April 2022 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing email@example.com or use the internet at http://www.tip-offs.com