Job Title: Quality Improvement Officer at MDH Kagera(05 Post)
- Location: Any of the Districts Council in Kagera region
- Reports to: District Aids Control Coordinator
Duties and responsibilities:
- Supporting the respective districts in establishments of functional quality improvement teams (QIT) at the respective facilities and district.
- Supporting the facilities/district teams in identifying areas for improvement and assist the teams to prepare plans for improvement.
- Supporting follow up and implementation of quality improvement teams at the respective districts.
- Assisting facilities and program staff to plan, conduct evaluation and survey to identify gaps at the facilities and respective districts.
- Facilitating onsite monthly and district quarterly meeting to share challenges and success in implementation of quality improvement projects within the respective districts.
- In collaboration with CHMT conducting quarterly supportive supervision in respective district and conduct mentorship on the identified gaps and challenges found during supervision.
- Ensuring national and program priorities on Quality Improvement are implemented as per set goals based on project work plan.
- Working closely with CHMT, District QI Team Coordinator and Program Managers in building capacity of health care workers on Quality improvement.
- Developing QI initiatives and strengthening WIT (Working Improvement Teams) in the other units.
- Working closely with CHMT in improving quality of care through regular provision of feedback and communication to the respective facilities and district teams.
- Weekly, monthly and quarterly report writing.
- Performing any other task assigned by supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills
- At least a Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma in Medicine, Nursing or related field with relevant national registration.
- At least two (2) years of experience working in public health programs/ services.
- At least one-year experience in implementing quality improvement activities.
- Experience in writing reports, best practices and lessons learned.
- Excellent command of Swahili and English languages, in written and oral communication.
- Experience in basic computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Power point and internet.
- Ability to work under pressure and stringent deadlines.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested candidates for any of the above positions should SUBMIT THEIR
APPLICATION LETTERS, CVs and COPIES OF THEIR CERTIFICATES TO MDH KAGERA OFFICE, KIBOKO STREET, PWANI AREA.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE – 22ND AUGUST 2023.
MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates.