Job Title: ART Nurse at MDH Kagera (41 Posts)
Location: Any of the Districts Council or Hospitals in Kagera region
Reports to: Facility in-charge
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Counseling patients with regard to HIV diagnosis, management of medications, adherence to clinic visits, psychosocial issues, and basic health self-care.
- Counselingandeducatingfamilymembersandcaregiverstopromotesecondary prevention of HIV infection, to improve the care of patients with HIV, and to strengthen social support networks of patients.
- Educating patients in all aspects of HIV disease, treatment management, prevention as well as basic health lifestyles.
- Ensuring that patients receive appropriate clinical care during a clinic visit, including scheduled or unscheduled physician examination and laboratory test.
- Adhering to nursing ethics as punctuality and cleanliness etc.
- Accurate and complete documentation of patient information and patient encounters in the patient medical record.
- Assisting patients to connect with other resources through the referral network.
- Assisting the physician in the provision of clinical care for patients.
- Performinganyotherdutyasassignedbythenursesupervisor,sitemanagerand OPD nurse officer in-charge.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
- At least a Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Nursing.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in HIV/AIDS care and treatment services
- Excellent command of Swahili and English languages, in written and oral communication.
- Experience in basic computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Power point and internet.
- Ability to maintains confidentiality in all aspects.
- Ability to work under pressure and stringent deadlines.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested candidates for any of the above positions should SUBMIT THEIR
APPLICATION LETTERS, CVs and COPIES OF THEIR CERTIFICATES TO MDH KAGERA OFFICE, KIBOKO STREET, PWANI AREA.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE – 22ND AUGUST 2023.
MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates.