Job Title: Facility Index Testers at MDH Kagera (36 Posts)
- Location: Any of the Districts Council or Hospitals in Kagera region
- Reports to: Facility In-charge
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating awareness and education on the existence of HIV Testing Services (HTS) i.e. educating clients on all aspects of HIV diseases and treatment management as well as basic health lifestyles.
- Recording and reporting tracking services daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly.
- Preparing summary report weekly, monthly and quarterly and submit to site manager and district retention and community officer.
- Participating in data management and net loss analysis at facility and district level
- Participating in QI activities that aimed to increase retention at facility level.
- Bringing up ideas/ comments that may contribute to better system of patients follow up.
- Performing any other duties as assigned by a line supervisor.
Requirements: Education, work experience and skills
- Serving as liaison between clinicians/clinics, individuals screened and care centers.
- Providing counseling and testing while maintaining confidentiality and patient rights, provide psychosocial support and assist with referral and linkages.
- Assessing and document all referrals, make follow-up and report on referral outcomes.
- Monitor the quality (QA/QC) of test kits by control materials/samples from laboratory department.
- Ensuring safe storage of HTS related items and to request/prepare all the necessary consumables for HTS services.
- Compiling and submit HTS reports on weekly, monthly and quarterly to HTS coordinators.
- Keeping accurate HTS and referral/linkage records (logbooks, registers, reports).
- Work with team member to monitor quality improvement plans with regards to the established performance targets/indicators.
- Ensuring HIV testing is performed according to the National HIV Testing algorithm.
- Participating fully in National EQA program for HIV rapid test.
- Performing any other duties that may be required by the clinical team.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
- At least a Diploma in Medicine, Nursing or other related health field.
- Must have a valid license of practice (Certificate for HIV testing is an added advantage).
- At least three (3) years’ experience in working in the community HIV Programs
- Ability to maintains confidentiality in all aspects.
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate fluently in both English and Kiswahili.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested candidates for any of the above positions should SUBMIT THEIR
APPLICATION LETTERS, CVs and COPIES OF THEIR CERTIFICATES TO MDH KAGERA OFFICE, KIBOKO STREET, PWANI AREA.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE – 22ND AUGUST 2023.
MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates.