Job Title: Laboratory Scientist at MDH Bukoba (05 Post)
- Location: Bukoba RRH
- Reports to: Laboratory Manager/Head of Section
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reading, understanding, and implementing SOPs for molecular analysis of HIV drug resistance and viral load.
- Performing daily QC checks on all laboratory processes and procedures for accurate and reliable test results.
- Performing pre-analytical procedures on all specimens received including but limited to inspections, registration, separation, and storage.
- PerformingtestinginmolecularbiologytodeterminelevelofHIVdrugresistance and amount of HIV virus.
- Performing results analysis and interpretation and indicate in case of critical/panic results
- Preparing samples for shipping according to SOPs.
- Documenting daily operation, recalibration, preventive maintenance services, repair of machines/analyzers using operation, reagents, calibration, maintenance and corrective action logs.
- Troubleshooting minor technical faults in machines using operation manual, document the action, and report to laboratory supervisor.
- Analyzing PT samples/panels received for external quality control program and submit them within deadline.
- Checking and completing all the laboratory results in the Laboratory Information System or register book before validation/verification by a laboratory supervisor.
- Archiving all the source documents after testing in the appropriate files.
- Preparing summary reports of the machines/analyzers at the end of every week and month.
- Performing duty deemed necessary by the lab supervisor including but not limited to training of junior technicians and students.
- Observing all the quality requirements to fully support the laboratory towards accreditation.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
1. At least a Bachelor degree in Molecular Biology or Biotechnology.
2.Minimum of two years’ experience of working in the HIV drug resistance laboratory settings.
3. Laboratory quality management training is an added advantage.
5. Ability to work both individually and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested candidates for any of the above positions should SUBMIT THEIR
APPLICATION LETTERS, CVs and COPIES OF THEIR CERTIFICATES TO MDH KAGERA OFFICE, KIBOKO STREET, PWANI AREA.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE – 22ND AUGUST 2023.
MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates.