Job Title: Laboratory Technologist at MDH (03 Post)
- Location: Bukoba RRH
- Reports to: Laboratory Manager/Head of Section
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reading, understanding and implementing all laboratory procedures and processes as per the documented SOPs
- Participating in developing, reviewing and revising all laboratory SOPs
- Performing daily QC runs and checks on all laboratory tests/procedures/equipment and ensure corrective actions are done as per the SOPs
- Performing pre-analytical procedures on all specimens received including but limited to registration, separation, storage and documentation as per SOPs
- Documenting daily operations, calibrations, validations/verifications, preventive maintenance services and repair of machines/analyzers and perform corrective actions where needed.
- Troubleshooting minor technical faults in machines using operation manuals/SOPs, document the actions and report to laboratory manager/Supervisor.
- AnalyzingEQAsamples/PTpanelreceivedforexternalqualitycontrolprogram and submit them within deadline.
- ReviewinganddocumentthePTresultsandincaseoffailure,performcorrective action and preventive action
- Checking and complete all the laboratory results in the Laboratory Information System or register book and ensure only verified/authorized results are released.
- Ensuring testing of samples is done accurately and all results are released within TAT.
- Archiving all the source documents after testing in the appropriate files as per SOPs
- Preparing summary reports of the machines/analyzers, sample received, tested, results released and other Laboratory key indicators on daily, weekly and monthly.
- Preparing reports of the work done daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly
- 15.Participating in documenting, reviewing and reporting performance of the laboratory quality indicators on weekly, monthly, quarterly and as needed
- 16.Ensuring all the functional analyzers operate for 24 hours and testing at maximum capacity on daily basis
- 17. Participating fully in weekly staff meetings, management review meeting and all meetings as instructed by the Laboratory Manager/Supervisor
- 18. Supporting fully the laboratory to maintain and expand ISO 15189 accreditation 19.Supporting fully the laboratory to prepare action plan and address/close all gaps/non-conformances within timeframe post supervisions, assessments and occurrences.
- 20. Performing other duties deemed necessary by the laboratory supervisor including but not limited to training of junior technicians and students.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
- A minimum of Degree in Molecular Biology or Biotechnology or relevant Diploma with three years working experience.
- Minimum of two years’ experience of working in the HIV drug resistance laboratory settings.
- Laboratory quality management training is an added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested candidates for any of the above positions should SUBMIT THEIR
APPLICATION LETTERS, CVs and COPIES OF THEIR CERTIFICATES TO MDH KAGERA OFFICE, KIBOKO STREET, PWANI AREA.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE – 22ND AUGUST 2023.
MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates.