Job Title: Laboratory Technician at MDH Bukoba (04 Posts)
- Location: Nyakaiga, Kagondo, Mugana Hospitals and Ngara & Bukoba DC
- Reports to: Facility in-charge
Duties and responsibilities:
- Reading, understanding, and implementing SOPs for molecular analysis of HIV drug resistance and viral load.
- Performing daily QC checks on all laboratory processes and procedures for accurate and reliable test results.
- Performing pre-analytical procedures on all specimens received including but limited to inspections, registration, separation, and storage.
- Performing testing in molecular biology to determine level of HIV drug resistance and amount of HIV virus.
- Performing results analysis and interpretation and indicate in case of critical/panic results
- Preparing samples for shipping according to SOPs.
- Documenting daily operation, recalibration, preventive maintenance services, repair of machines/analyzers using operation, reagents, calibration, maintenance and corrective action logs.
- Troubleshooting minor technical faults in machines using operation manual, document the action, and report to laboratory supervisor.
- Analyzing PT samples/panels received for external quality control program and submit them within deadline.
- Checking and completing all the laboratory results in the Laboratory Information System or register book before validation/verification by a laboratory supervisor.
- Archiving all the source documents after testing in the appropriate files.
- Preparing summary reports of the machines/analyzers at the end of every week and month.
- Performing duty deemed necessary by the lab supervisor including but not limited to training of junior technicians and students.
- Observing all the quality requirements to fully support the laboratory towards accreditation.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
- At least a Diploma in Health Laboratory Technician.
- Certificate of registration with Health Laboratory Council.
- Minimum of two years’ experience of working in the HIV drug resistance
- Laboratory quality management training is an added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested candidates for any of the above positions should SUBMIT THEIR
APPLICATION LETTERS, CVs and COPIES OF THEIR CERTIFICATES TO MDH KAGERA OFFICE, KIBOKO STREET, PWANI AREA.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE – 22ND AUGUST 2023.
MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates.