Job Title: Laboratory & Supply Chain Officers at MDH Tabora (2Posts)
- Location: Tabora
- Reports to: Facility In-Charge
Job Summary: Laboratory & Supply Chain Officer will be responsible for ensuring that MDH supported and non- supported health facilities meets national standard for related medicines and commodity supply chain management in council by acting as early system warning on 3 key health Logistic systems of Ministry of health Tanzania (Lab, ILS, & TB logistics systems).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing strategic, technical and operational support to the day-to-day Logistic activities and capable of identifying potential breakdown in 3 logistics systems and taking corrective actions to avoid service interruption.
- EnsuringuninterruptedLabsupplyofcommodities,bycoachingandprovidingMentorship to health facility staff on Lab & TB commodities management practices, record keeping, reporting and ordering (R&R) so that consistent availability of Laboratory Reagents and supplies at health facility level are in place.
- Providing TA to districts teams to ensure MDH supported and non-supported sites/districts meet national standards.
- 4. Facilitating trainings on good practice in health commodities Logistics systems.
- 5. Ensuring no stock out of Lab and HIV/AIDS commodities is reported to HFs in collaboration with DLT Lab manager by:
- Reviewing all R&R sent through eLMIS, reviewing annual forecasting and budgeting of needs in HIV/AIDS non-HIV/AIDS commodities including lab commodities during CCHP’s.
- Ensuring all HIV related commodities including lab reagent and consumables are adequately stocked at HFs and assist in redistribution of products when necessary
- Providing technical assistance to HFs in collaboration with DLTs in forecasting and ordering of Lab commodities from the MSD.
- Keeping track of commodity flow from MSD store and facilities and continuously update.
- Providing TA to districts/sites to maintain the inventory of laboratory commodities and reagents that are present at both storage facilities and all MDH supported site Labs.
- Conducting quarterly logistics data quality assessments (LDQA’s) at least 10 sites per
district to ensure that all supplies including medicines and laboratory reagents reach intended beneficiaries.
- Following up collection of monthly information about the stock at all MDH supported sites/districts, and share with respective key stakeholders
- Actively performing supportive supervisions to MDH supported and non-supported HF’s in the region and use these supervisions to strengthen their capacity on issues related to supply chain management.
- Performing any other duty as assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements, Education, work experience and skills
- At least a Degree in Medical Laboratory, Pharmacy or related field.
- Experience in Logistic and Supply Chain systems in Tanzania will be an added advantage.
- Minimumoftwoyears’experienceofworkingintheHIVdrugresistancelaboratoryand supply chain settings.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and Kiswahili (both verbal and written).
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team with minimal supervision
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should SUBMIT THEIR APPLICATION LETTERS, CVs and COPIES OF THEIR CERTIFICATES MDH TABORA OFFICE.
APPLICATION DEADLINE – 22ND AUGUST 2023.
MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates.