Underground Fixed Plant Superintendent at Barrick North Mara
The Barrick North Mara Team is seeking to recruit a Underground Fixed Plant Superintendent to join and grow our team.
Join our exceptional team and embody Barrick’s core values as you work with us. We are in search of individuals who can champion Barrick’s DNA by:
- Communicating Honestly, Transparently, and Acting with Integrity
- Exhibiting a Results-Driven approach
- Delivering solutions that are Fit for Purpose
- Dedicating themselves to Building a Sustainable Legacy
- Taking Responsibility and being Accountable
- Committing to Zero Harm
- Cultivating strong and meaningful Partnerships
If you’re ready to contribute to our world-class team while embracing these values, we encourage you to apply and become a valued member of our diverse workforce.
- Ensure a healthy and safe working environment for all employees.
- Maintaining, repairing mechanical issues, diagnostics / Fault Finding and Routine inspection on a variety of fixed plant equipment, Coordinate activities in the unit and report back to engineering Manager
- Develop, implement & lead Mechanical & Electrical maintenance for all fixed plant equipment, ancillary facilities & process systems.
- Support and coordinate the development of maintenance plans, budgets and schedules.
- Manage the execution of maintenance plans and assessment of efficiency and execution improvements.
- Manage and implement company safety standards and set expectations at all levels of staff and supporting contractors.
- Coordinate maintenance plans and tasks with Operations, I&E, Reliability and Planning
- Develop staff teamwork skills to ensure integration with Operations and Maintenance, with a mind-set of team success and transfer of skills
- Define, implement and promote systems, training and standards that maximize equipment effectiveness and availability.
- Lead maintenance practices that will focus on reaching operational excellence, and enhance maintenance capabilities to deliver improved equipment reliability, decreasing repair and maintenance costs.
- Degree/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering would be highly advantageous
- A Mechanical or Electrical Trade Certification
Experience and competencies needed
- 10 years’ maintenance experience with 3 years on a Fixed Plant
- 5 years or more in a supervisory role
- 5 years’ experience in Compressors, Generators, Medium and Low voltage equipment, pumps and basic instrumentation
- Proven mechanical and electrical experience on challenging and remote sites
- Experience with CMMS and planning functions
- Strong communication and English speaking and writing.
- Maintain a safe working practice and environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to train less experienced members of the staff.
- Must have computer skills in maintenance planning and scheduling, software, power point, M/S word and MS excel.
- Pronto or SAP skills to be able to follow up and ordering parts required and approvals.
- Strong Safety Background and ability to drive a Safe working environment and practices.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Computer skills –MS Excel, Access, Word, Outlook.
- Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment.
- Driving ability.
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits.
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.