Job vacancies at Tanzania Agricultural Research Institute (TARI) . The Tanzania Agricultural Research Institute (TARI) was established by the Parliamentary Act No. 10 of 2016 to enhance and strengthen of agricultural research system in Tanzania. TARI is a semi-autonomous body under the Ministry of Agriculture, responsible for all agricultural research activities conducted by the National Agricultural Research System (NARS) in Tanzania.
The Institute’s mandate is to conduct, regulate, promote and coordinate all agricultural research activities conducted by public and private research institutes or organisations in Tanzania. TARI aims at strengthening national agricultural research system to enhance development and dissemination of technologies, innovations and management practices (TIMPs) to address the real needs of farmers and other agricultural stakeholders.
4 Job vacancies at Tanzania Agricultural Research Institute (TARI)
1 PLANT OPERATOR II – 4 POSTS
Duties and Responsibilities
- i. To drive plant under supervision of experienced Plant Operator;
- ii. To keep safety and maintain plant equipment, machinery and tools;
- iii. To maintain log book; v. To report on machine defects to Plant Supervisor;
- vi. To maintain machine service schedules; and
- vii. To perform any other official duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Holder of Secondary School Education Certificate/Advanced Secondary School Education Certificate having a valid Driving License Class ‘’G’’ with driving course certificate from Institution recognized by Government and experience of driving Farm Machinery and Equipment (Tractor and Combine harvester) for one year without causing accident. 2.13
SALARY SCALE – PGSS 2
How to Apply
A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and Addressed to Secretary,
- Presidents Office,
- Public Service Recruitment Secretariat,
- P.O. Box 2320,
- University of Dodoma, Utumishi/Asha Rose Migiro Buildings Dodoma.
Deadline for application is 12 th February, 2024;
Only short-listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview and; Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legalaction;
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania with an age not above 45 years ofage except for those who are in Public Service; ii. People with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply and should indicateclearly in the portal for Public Service Recruitment Secretariat
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliablecontacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in thisadvertisement;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates: – Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates; Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts; Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates; Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respectiveRegistration or Regulatory Bodies, (where applicable); Birth certificate;
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted: – Form IV and form VI results slips; Testimonials and all Partial transcripts;
- .An applicant must upload recent Passport Size Photo in the Recruitment Portal; viii. An applicant employed in the Public Service should route his application letterthrough his respective employer;
- An applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason shouldnot apply;
- An applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliablecontacts;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania(NECTA). xii. Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institutionsshould be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE); xiii. An applicant with special needs/case (disability) is supposed/advised to indicate;