Ballon d or nominees 2022 | Ballon d or 2022 | #ballondor
Ballon d or nominees 2022 | Ballon d or 2022. BALLON D’OR 2022 NOMINEES: Lionel Messi, Neymar Not on 30 Shortlist | Benzema leads the way as Messi and Neymar miss out. The nominees for the new Ballon d’Or formula were announced on Friday. This edition is notably marked by the absence of Messi in the top 30 and the massive arrival of new players in this list. On the women’s side, the victory could be played between the English, European champions and the Lyonnaises, winners of the Champions League.
Ballon d or nominees 2022
Robert Lewandowski |Nominated for the 2022 Ballon d’Or
Robert Lewandowski – now a Barcelona player – is once again nominated after scoring more goals than he had appearances in both the Bundesliga and Champions League for Bayern Munich last season; 48 goals in 44 matches. Borussia Dortmund striker Sebastien Haller is on the list after a productive season at Ajax in 2021-22.
Bernardo Silva |Nominated for the 2022 Ballon d’Or
Manchester City’s Bernardo Silva – who could be set to leave the Premier League champions – has been acknowledged as has Phil Foden, Kevin de Bruyne, Riyad Mahrez, Joao Cancelo and new signing Erling Haaland.
Cristiano Ronaldo |Nominated for the 2022 Ballon d’Or
Five-time Ballon d’Or winner Cristiano Ronaldo is on the list after scoring 18 goals in 31 matches for Manchester United last season.
Six Liverpool players have been nominated for the 2022 Ballon d’Or.
Trent Alexander-Arnold, Luis Diaz, Fabinho, Darwin Nunez, Mohamed Salah and Virgil van Dijk all appear on the 30-man shortlist for the prestigious individual prize. The winner of the award, which is voted on by international journalists, will be revealed at a ceremony in Paris on October 17.
In a change of format, the vote is based on a player’s achievements during the 2021-22 season, rather than the calendar year.
Trent Alexander-Arnold | Nominated for the 2022 Ballon d’Or
Sadio Mane (Bayern Munich)| Nominated for the 2022 Ballon d’Or
Karim Benzema | Nominated for the 2022 Ballon d’Or
Real Madrid’s Karim Benzema is the hot favourite for the prize after firing the Blancos to a La Liga and Champions League double last season, but there are plenty of other familiar names also in the running.
Full Ballon d’or 2022 Nominees list
- Thibaut Courtois (Real Madird)
- Mohamed Salah (Liverpool)
- Rafael Leao (AC Milan)
- Christopher Nkunku (RB Leipzig)
- Joshua Kimmich (Bayern Munich)
- Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool)
- Vinicius Jr (Real Madrid)
- Bernardo Silva (Manchester City)
- Luis Diaz (Liverpool)
- Robert Lewandowski (Barcelona)
- Riyad Mahrez (Manchester City)
- Casemiro (Real Madrid)
- Heung-Min Son (Tottenham)
- Fabinho (Liverpool)
- Karim Benzema (Real Madrid)
- Mike Maignan (AC Milan)
- Harry Kane (Tottenham)
- Darwin Nunez (Liverpool)
- Phil Foden (Manchester City)
- Sadio Mane (Bayern Munich)
- Sebastien Haller (Borussia Dortmund)
- Luka Modric (Real Madrid)
- Antonio Rudiger (Real Madrid)
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United)
- Kevin de Bruyne (Manchester City)
- Dusan Vlahovic (Juventus)
- Virgil van Dijk (Liverpool)
- Joao Cancelo (Manchester City)
- Erling Haaland (Manchester City)
- Kylian Mbappe (Paris Saint-Germain)
Lionel Messi landed a record-extending seventh Golden Ball in 2021. However, the Argentine endured a difficult debut season at Paris Saint-Germain and he looks set to pass the gong on to a new name in two months’ time.