Application for Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme 2022 are now open
The Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme is a multi-year programme to promote teaching as a profession. Bursaries are available to enable selected students to complete a teaching qualification in identified Subject priority areas. Recipients of these bursaries will be required to teach at a public school for the same number of years that they received the bursary.
Funza Lushaka Bursary online application 2022, The department of education in South Africa is welcoming student to apply for prestigious Funza Lushaka bursary programme 2022.
Funza Lushaka Bursary 2022 Terms and Condition
- The bursary is only awarded to South African citizens with a valid South African ID number
- Should you have a criminal record, charged with misconduct or dismissed from work, kindly note that you are not eligible to apply for this bursary
- Allocation of Funza Lushaka bursaries to Higher Education Institutions employees, their spouse and their dependants/children is not permissible.
- Bursary applicants must already have been accepted into a BEd or PGCE qualification at an accredited public university. The applicant must also meet the national selection criteria for the Funza Lushaka bursary. Click here to read the national selection criteria.
- The bursary will only be awarded if two of the priority area subjects are included as a specialisation in the teaching qualification, except for Foundation Phase specialisation.
- Please note that you are responsible for paying your own registration fee, awaiting the outcome of the bursary application. Paying for the registration fee does not mean you will receive the bursary.
- The Bursary Selection Committee meets and processes all bursary applications during February and March of the academic year.
- The Funza Bursary Coordinator at the University will notify you not later than 30 April as to whether you have been awarded the bursary or not.
- The bursary holder is not allowed to change the area of specialization on which basis the bursary was awarded.
- On qualification the bursar will be required to take up a provincial teaching post. The bursar will not be granted permission to defer this contractual obligation; for example to continue with full-time Honours studies, nor will the bursar be granted permission to take a “gap” year.
- Bursars will be expected to have and retain an Email address and a cell phone contact number for the duration of the study for communication purposes.
- The bursary must be repaid if the recipient fails to meet the requirements of the bursary agreement.
- The amount that is repayable is the full amount of the bursary received under the programme less one year’s funding for every year spent teaching at a public school. Interest will be charged at the rate determined by the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) who administer financial aspects of the bursary on behalf of the Department of Basic Education.
- The bursary awarded is for one academic year at a time. On proof of academic success the bursary may be renewed each year for the official duration of the qualification. The bursary holder will be required to re-apply from the 1st October annually.
- The applicant should demonstrate good academic ability.
- The applicant must show commitment to a teaching career, which includes: interest in working with young people, enthusiasm for a professional career in teaching, readiness to face and surmount difficult challenges and personal integrity
Funza Lushaka Bursary 2022 Programmes areas of priority
4 years bachelor of education degree (BEd). Specialize in the following :- Foundation phase (Grade R to Grade 3, Intermediate Phase (Grade 4 to 6 ) or Senior and Further education and Training Teaching (Grade 7 to Grade 12)
1 year Postgraduates Certificates in Education (PGCE) For graduates parsuing degrees with two priority subjects (1 Module or Course must have been Completed or studied at 3rd year level, 1 priority subject must have complited or atudied at 2nd year Level)
Only the PGCE senior phase and futher education and Training Teaching (SPFET) Grade 7 to grade 12 wil be funded
The applicant must be committed to teach in any school to which a student may be
placed by a Provincial Education Department (PED).