Mwongozo wa kuomba mkopo 2023/24 pdf. HESLB executes one of the key mandates in administering loans to students pursuing higher education. Every year, the Board prepares the Loan Application almanac to guide on the process of loan issuance to needy and eligible students. As per the almanac, Loan Application Window opens once annually. Both undergraduate and postgraduate students who are eligible are invited to apply.
Criteria on eligibility and the application process is stipulated in the Loan Application Guideline for the respective year which can be downloaded on this site. Prospective applicants are encouraged to read the guidelines carefully, prepare the prerequisites and make their application online through the Online Application and Management System (OLAMS).
Important Question and answers about loan application
What are the main features of obtaining a loan for higher education?( Zipi Ni Sifa Kuu Za Kupata Mkopo Wa Elimu Ya Juu?)
- Be a Tanzanian
- He has applied for a loan in the prescribed manner (online)
- He has obtained admission to a recognized college and his name has been submitted to the Credit
- He should not have another source to finance his university studies (sponsor, ZHELB etc.)
- Detailed information about the characteristics and parameters is provided by the Manual
What Important Things Should Be Considered When Applying For A Loan?
- Make sure you sign the loan application form
- Make sure your guarantor has signed your form in their area
- Make sure your form is signed and stamped by your Local or Village Government
- Make sure your form is signed by a lawyer or judge to confirm your information and that of your guarantor
What does the loan Cover (loanable items)
- Food and accommodation
- Tuition fee
- Books and stationery
- Special needs of the faculty
- Practical training
What is the Obligation of a Student Loan While in College?
- Submitting your information to the loan officer (Registration number and bank information)
- Signing the payment sent to his college within the stipulated time
- Informing the loan officer of his college in advance, if there is any problem related to his loan
- Visit the HESLB website to get various information on higher education loans
What are the important documents required when applying for a loan?
- Applicant’s birth certificate attested by RITA/ZCSRA
- Death certificate if you have lost a parent certified by RITA/ZCSRA
- ID of the guarantor (NIDA, Voter, Driver’s License or Travel Pass). You can use one of these credentials
- A correctly filled scholarship form if you were sponsored in secondary education
- Letter from the Chief Medical Officer of the District or Region if the applicant or his parent has a disability
- Photographs (passport size) of the loan applicant and his guarantor (the guarantor can be a parent or guardian)
How to Apply for a Higher Education Loan?
- All applications are made through the Credit Board’s website
- Each applicant should carefully read the guidance provided within the relevant academic year
- The applicant should use the fourth form exam number to register
How to Appeal
The opportunity to appeal is given after completing the credit planning exercise
If the applicant is unsuccessful in the appeal, he will have the opportunity to apply again in the following year
Mwongozo wa kuomba mkopo 2023/24 pdf
[wp-embedder-pack width=”100%” height=”400px” download=”all” download-text=”PDF DOWNLOAD” attachment_id=”19535″ /]